SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
free_at_last

We finally have enough hot water to take a bath!

free_at_last
16 years ago

FINALLY!

We moved in 6 months ago and have had nothing but trouble from people who sold us the SETS tankless electric hot water heaters for our home. Our builder called, complained-- WE called, complained but neither the seller nor the manufacturor would honor the warranty or help us in an other way.

So yesterday during my daughter's graduation party, our builder came back, yanked out the SETS and installed an 80 gallon, Rheem energy miser hot water heater-- (we bought the heater, he installed for free)-- and last night, for the first time in 6 months, I was able to take something other than a lukewarm bath in our clawfoot tub !

We left the other SETS that supplies the laundry room and kitchen as our appliances have internal hot water heaters and we rarely handwash.

During our custom build, this was the only major problem we had. Just FYI, here's where I think we went wrong--

1. None of our contractors-- GC, plumber and/or electrician-- had ever worked with tankless electric before.

2. We bought from an internet company rather than locally. Which wouldn't have been a problem except--

3. Once we started having trouble, we couldn't find *anyone* around here who had any experience. We really should've been more pro-active ahead of time but we thought we'd done our due-diligence.

4. We listened to the distributor from the company we bought from who kept assuring us over and over that the technology was so simple and the unit so foolproof that we didn't need #1 and/or #3.

5. We also believed the seller when he said that in the off-chance we *did* have a problem, he'd stand behind the product and could talk us through any difficulties. Of course as soon as there was trouble, they developed amnesia.

I'm just glad our builder was willing to help us get this resolved and installed the new water heater. And maybe this can help someone else avoid our mistake.

Comments (2)