SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theguncollector

$8,000 budget - Please help me find the right appliances.

TheGunCollector
12 years ago

Well, new member and first post here. What a wonderful community and great resource of information.

My wife and I are closing on our dream house (foreclosure) on June 1st. There are no appliances among other things that were removed during the foreclosure process.

Unfortunately where we live is smallish(100k people) and about 4 hours from a large city. Our store selection is limited to big box stores and one independent. Brand selections are KitchenAid, Kennmore, LG, Bosch, Whirlpool, Samsung, Maytag, GE, and Elux(might have missed one).

Our budget is $8000, and here is some preliminary choices I came up with:

Fridge - Samsung or Whirlpool

Double Oven - Electrolux, GE Monogram, Wolf or Kennmore Elite

Range top - Bertazzoni or Electrolux

Dishwasher - Bosch or Whirlpool

Hood - No clue?

Washing machine - Wirlpool or Kitchen Aid

I'm really lost as to which to go with. Seems like all have issues, and the local parts place said Whirlpool is pretty good. I tend to fix all my appliances, so parts availability is important to me - thy said the American brands parts were usually more readily available than the other European brands.

Looking for advice, suggestions, or just your own experiences in the buying and owning process. This has been very stressful as each brand seem to make both good and poor appliances.

Thanks so much for any help.

John

Comments (13)