SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nlcl_gw

pressure balanced shower

15 years ago

We recently remodeled our master bathroom in anticipation of selling our house. Rather than do a lot of research (oops) I bought a faucet for the sink that I liked the looks of and then bought the shower fixtures that matched. They were a name brand I recognized from Lowes but can't remember exactly what they were now. The sink faucet is great but in the shower I think I got a "pressure balanced" set up. It has a single level handle that turns the water on and a separate round piece with markings on it to adjust the temp. Unfortunately, even when I turn it down to the coolest setting, the water is so hot that I can't really stand under it for any length of time. I had a plumber in to fix a kitchen sink problem and when I asked him about this he said that the hot temperature could not be fixed because all pressure balanced fixtures were like this and my only choice would be to go into the wall, rip out the plumbing and start over with a different kind of fixture.

Has anyone had this problem (really hot water) and been able to resolve it, short of starting over with a new fixture?

Thanks!

Comments (3)