SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermudafire

Ovens...too many? locations? Please help.

bermudafire
12 years ago

We are in the final planning stages of our kitchen remodel and are trying to nail down the appliances. The current plan for cooking appliances is: 36" CC range, 30" wall oven, speed oven, and a steam oven (Miele and/or Gagg for these three). In our current kitchen we have a 30" slide in range, OTR microwave, and a toaster oven. The toaster and microwave are mostly used for heating water and leftovers.

In the new kitchen we would rather not have a countertop microwave or toaster oven. We have never used a steam oven but have read many great things here.

Our kitchen will be used by multiple people at once. My wife and both children (13,15) are often cooking at the same time. My wife cooking the main meal, daughter cooking dessert and my son baking bread. In our current kitchen this is almost impossible and large meals for entertaining are very difficult.

We have locations on our plan for the range and a wall stack. Is it possible to stack these 3 ovens? Is that a bad idea? If a triple stack isn't wise, should the speed or steam be placed with the regular oven, and any recommendations on placement for the separate oven? For people with speed and steam, which oven do you use more?

I am attaching pictures of our plans. The only thing that has changed (after some great advice on the kitchen forum) is the addition of a prep sink in the island - at the end near the peninsula. Nothing is set in stone and all plumbing and electrical is new so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Plans

Comments (12)