SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crc1107

Tile Expert Advise needed please help!!

crc1107
15 years ago

I am currently in the midst of what has turned out to be a traumatic renovation (my contractor ran away with my money!!! ) and after so much stress over dealing with this situation, we have finally found another contractor who would finish the job.

I now have to deal with things the former contractor did and had ideas about finishing by myself. We wanted a light in the tub area and he installed a ceiling (soffitt) to house the recessed light and said he was going to put tile to frame it. My question is how to frame/tile this area. I found tile that has a decorative border that will be running around 46" high around the bathroom. Will it look okay to frame the soffit area with a bullnose that runs from where the decorative border ends, up to the side, around the frame of the soffit and down the other side to then sit on the deco border? IÂve been searching around for pictures and have not seen anything that will give me an idea of how this will look. My listello is not flat (has a cap on the top. Also, the ceiling over the tub will be tiled. I think the intent of the bullnose was to transition that ceiling into the frame of the soffit.???

I'm not sure if my description is making sense and was hoping to upload a picture but don't know how. I guess I'll have to wait until my daughter can help me in the morning, but if anyone can understand my question, your input will be so appreciated!!!

Comments (11)