newbie dabbling in printing/framing- help?

cheryl_p

Definite newbie here. I have a couple beautiful poems that I'd like to print/have printed and frame as gifts. Is computer print (with so many fonts to choose from!!) fade resistant over time, or should I rely on good 'ol Kinkos? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for online sources or otherwise of nice quality frames (I think I can mat since I've inherited a Logan cutter). Thanks!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
country_bumpkin_al

I did a poem for my MIL after my sister-in-law passed away, using my SIL picture as the background. I sprayed it with several coats of Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze. That was 5 years ago and it still looks great. At the time, I was using a low-end Lexmark printer!*S*

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pegpeg100

Just don't set the picture in direct sunlight as bubble jet ink can fade if the sun hits it. I printed something on fabric paper a few years ago for my mom and she prompty sit it in the sunroom and within a year it was faded to nothing!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Materials Are You a Maker? Show Us Your Favorite Tool or Material
Houzz Call: A tool or material can be a maker’s best friend. We’d like to see your favorite — and what it helps you achieve
Full Story
Color 11 Ways to Add a Splash of Yellow to Your Interior
See how a dab of this sunshiny color can bring warmth and cheer to a room
Full Story