SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

Late summer dinner for six

bonnieann925
13 years ago

It's been fun watching all the posts about Fall decorating and seeing all the lovely tablescapes. I simply can't wrap my head around Fall yet and am still hanging on to Summer here for as long as possible. It's a beautiful day and DH is about to mow the lawn while I take a walk. We're having two couples over for dinner tonight.

One of my favorite meals is lamb. This morning I was able to get a beautiful piece of Icelandic lamb at Whole Foods (they have it only seasonally, and if you're a lamb lover, you have to try it. It's so much better than New Zealand lamb, imo.) Once I knew I could get the lamb, the rest of the meal feel into place: asparagus, roasted red potatoes, native corn on the cob,Caprese salad and a cheese course of Cremont double cream cheese along with Cana De Cabre goat cheese. One friend is bringing appetizers, another is bringing dessert (apple crisp w/ native apples...a nod to fall!)The lamb is marinating now and it smells so good! It's a Silver Palate cookbook recipe that never fails me! So much so, in fact, that my cookbook literally falls open to that recipe!

The "men" have chosen a wonderful selection of wines, one of which we brought back from a recent trip to France. The evening will start with an Italian bubbly, Prosecco!

Here's pic of the lamb and below one of the table (the tablecloth is my $10 TJMaxx bargain, the flowers were last night's arrangement with some more roses added, along with some black-eyed Susans and some lavender):

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions