SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jinnufr

cleaning woes (rant/cry for help)

jinnufr
19 years ago

I am so discouraged. It seems like no matter how much I try to clean everything looks and feels dirty. I hate it!If I do manage to get something clean, it gets dirty again within 24 hours (DD and DS1 deoderized and vaccumed all the rugs one day and the next day it looked like we hadn't cleaned them in a week!). I'm trying to dig my way out of this hole of hectic disorganization, clutter and neglected cleaning, but I'm frustrated. Everything I did yesterday is undone already and there are more messes everywhere! I actually like to clean and enjoy seeing my 'accomplishment', but it's hard to stay motivated when you have to move like the Tazmanian Devil throughout the day, meanwhile trying to get anything done and still having nothing to show for it. (or work and work cleaning something that either doesn't look clean when you're done or will look bad again before you can move forward or start cleaning something and have to stop in the middle, thus losing all your work because by the time you get back to it where were you?) Can't more than one item be clean at a time???!! Is it too much to ask to have clean windows and floors at the same time? For longer than 1 day? Just when I think I ought to just forget it and just go on with the rest of my life, I start to go insane because I can't stand it dirty!

This prolly sounds horrible I know. I'm just really frustrated right now and I thought I'd see if anybody knows any 'tricks. I joined Fly Lady last night and I just cleaned my sink, but it's not perfect and it took me way too long. I'll never get to the other things I need to do. With 4 kids I can't start and finish a project at one time and by the time I return to it it's usually a lost cause. I'd love a system. I'm so unorganized right now I don't even know how to delegate some of it to the kids! I can't stand living like this and I don't have the stamina to make it all better. It's worse because I wasn't raised this way. My mom kept our house spotless, worked (ft/pt off and on through the years), baked, cooked, canned, raised a garden and taught Sunday School, etc, etc... I could go on if I had half a brain to think about it right now. My Barbie shoes were in their own place darn it! We still have games and books from when we were kids that look new! Any organization I accomplish in the 'keep the peices to each set together' department will only stay that way if I monitor it continually. The first time I have to be busy with something for a day or two it all gets lost. I can't spend my life saving toys!(but yet it bugs me to see them all jumbled up) I'm NOT even trying to do ANY of the home maker things my mom somehow managed to pull off. Oh - She sewed my clothes for special occassions too. (FYI - she says she was nuts and I shouldn't compare myself to her, but I know better) Besides, what about all the ideas, plans, hopes and dreams I have? It seems like my life is dominated by daily chores (either that or the chores just go undone because of something/somewhere else I have to do/be)while I see others just go, go, go and give, give, give - all with a clean, neat, tidy home. How do you enviable people do it? Work, raise kids, keep a budget, keep your house clean and still have time for all kinds of other stuff it seems.

Well, DD just called for a ride home and DS2 just sloshed chocolate milk on his way to tell me that DS3 just broke something. I'd better go.(saved by the bell)

anyway - if there's any hope for this situation out there I'd sure like to know it.

Comments (16)