SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Rant of the day ... cleaning up others cr**

highalttransplant
14 years ago

Okay, before anyone calls me a animal hater, I just want to say that I've owned cats for over 20 years, and grew up with dogs. We even had a pet rabbit for about a year and a half.

I'm just fed up with irresponsible pet owners! My cats stay indoors, so I know that it's not them. Granted there is a high feral cat population around here, and it doesn't help that my next door neighbors feed strays, and raccoons on their front porch. But something tells me that a feral cat is not as particular about where it goes potty, as a cat that is used to a litter box. Since a lot of the homes around here landscape with oceans of rocks, and my perennial beds are full of nice loose dirt, it's no surprise that they have picked my yard as their bathroom. Today I had to scoop up 5 separate "piles". Two rather large ones were in the yard, next to the sidewalk, which to me implies that someone was walking their dog and allowed them to use my yard without bothering to clean up behind them. There's only one family that let's their dog run loose, and he'll run right through the flower beds and cut through the yard, so I doubt it was him. Of course, there is no law prohibiting cats free roam, so there really is no recourse as far as that part of the problem, which is why I'm here venting. I just feel that it should not be my responsibilty to clean up behind other people's animals.

Thanks for listening, and I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to discourage them (the owners AND the pets).

Bonnie

Comments (22)