SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tkme4ard

less than 3 weeks to close

14 years ago

and we have issues. This is a 'tract' home that they let you custom to how you want but apparently its not something most people do. We did however. Which has led to issues and I'm not sure (this is our first house ever after spending 17 years in base housing) So here are the issues.

I hate hate hate the bathroom counters. They look nothing like I thought they would. They don't look cream AT all, they look muddy green.

When we did the kitchen design it was supposed to have a pull out devided tray cabinet. Well we never went over the numbers so when I said devided tray cabinet he wrote down/ordered devided cabinet, not tray. In order to fix this we'd have to replace both cabinets to the right of the cooktop. Right now they are a 9" devided cabinet, and a 12" door base cabinet. The 12" door base could be the cabinet I wanted but I can't have 2 cabinets for cookie sheets it both would have to be replaced. We could do a pull out pantry shelf (aristokraft cabinets) BTW the he in the story is our home sales rep there was not a specific kitchen designer.

Lastly is the bar counter. We're doing a laminate top. Per the home 'elite' floor plan we are supposed to get a bull nose cabinet. Per the plan we're to get a curved counter. Its a counter height bar all the way around an L shaped peninsula. We were under the impression that we were getting BOTH a bull nose AND curved corners. Again first house, didn't realize that we couldn't do both and we were not told we couldn't do both. So when it came and its a straight L edge with rounded corners, not what we were wanting. We now know that we can't HAVE both. So..

all of these things do not make me happy. At all. I don't know what we are responsible for. What will be expected to pay to fix, what is reasonable to ask that they fix at their expense. We close April 30th.

Comments (2)