SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onelady1dog2girls

You vote: Mirrors in front of large picture window or to the side

onelady1dog2girls
11 years ago

Hello, everyone. We have a new picture window that is in front of our vanity in our remodeled master bathroom. I love it, as it creates an outdoor sanctuary for my husband and I to enjoy as we enter the bathroom. I originally planned on a contemporary 16 x 36' mirror hung by a bar into the ceiling joists with pendants flanking the left and right...loosely (very loosely please excuse the angled mock up, it was just to give you an idea) seen here:

However, I didn't anticipate loving the window as much as I do. So, I investigated a second option involving the pendants only flanking the outside of the window. The mirrors would by 15 x 23 and swing out from the walls...again loosely depicted here:

I could really argue both ways. The first is somewhat more conventional, but obviously is obstructing the view somewhat. The other does not obstruct the view, but you have a bit more 'fussiness' in swiveling the mirror out of the wall to you.

What do you think?? I'll put a link to the mirrors below. Any thoughts appreciated.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Swing out mirror

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH