SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmcdaniel

Help! Shower Plumbing Problems

rmcdaniel
13 years ago

Thanks to a broken shower pan and a slow insidious leak we had to have our master bath shower, tile floors and tile walls (2/3 of the wall was tile) ripped out in our circa 1967 house. While we were at it we decided to replace the vanity, light, toilet, etc. The bathroom we ended up with is beautiful but it's been over a month and we still haven't been able to use the shower!

It seems when they rebuilt the shower they asked if we wanted the plumbing replaced as well. I asked if there was a problem with the plumbing and they said no, it was in perfect condition so we said it was fine to leave it. Well, once everything was done and the final touches were being put on the bathroom the contractor announced that they no longer make escutcheons and handles that fit (the existing pipes that come out of the wall). His solution? We let him cut a hole in my bedroom wall and WE pay $150 for new 8" on center (so it will fit the tilework that was done) plumbing! I cried when he told me that. We don't have the money, I just painted my bedroom (we are military and moving so our house will be listed for sale next month) and I just can't believe that there is no other solution.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas? Help. Please.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths