SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livvysmom

Great little vacuum for hardwood - finally found one

livvysmom
16 years ago

Since getting my Brazilian Cherry installed in the dining room, kitchen, foyer and powder room, I have used a stick vac, rechargeable sweeper, Swiffer and a good old-fashion broom to try to keep the floors clean. The good old-fashioned broom actually worked the best out of all of them.

Canister vacs, though I generally don't like them, seem the best suited for hardwood floors. So, I bought a $50 Kenmore cannister vac. The floor attachment was a brush with bristels all the way around it. It worked ok but tended to push larger crumbs around instead of sucking them up. I ended up returning it because it started making a horrible noise when I used it.

Last week at Walmart I bought a Durabrand HEPA Cannister vac for $22.00. It was cheap so I thought I had nothing to lose. It works great. The floor attachment has two tiny rollers to glide across the floor but also has bristels in the back to catch crumbs and debris. The cannister part is so small and light you can actually carry it in your other hand while vacuuming.

Overall great value and very good results.

Comments (6)