SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjpjnk

Bluestar White Glove Service messed up more than they fixed.

rjpjnk
13 years ago

I posted this in a follow-up to an old thrread, but I guess it really deserves a new one. As a matter of history, I am the owner of a new bluestar 36" RNB that was converted by the dealer from Natural gas to LP. I love the range, and have had no problems with it until the White Glove folks got involved.

Well now I'm feeling a little less comfortable with the White Glove Service.

On the first visit they said I had the wrong gas orifice in the oven burner (i.e., the natural gas version) and they would order the part and come back. A different guy came out for the second visit and brought the parts that they ordered from Bluestar. But he told me it was useless to order a new oven orifice because the exact same one is used for both LP and natural gas. It is, in fact, and adjustable flow orifice. He turned down the amount of gas and declared the flame ok now. However, there is still a startling BOOM! after about 10 minutes of preheating.

He also replaced two of the range top burner valves because the child locks were broken. But as soon as he left I had a new problem where the ignitors continually click even though the flame is on. This only occurs for the left front burner, which is one of the ones he fixed. I also now get occasional "jet engine nose" from the griddle burner.

I had absolutely NO problems before the White Glove. I'm thinking I now wish they'd never touched it. The extra year of waranty is nice, but I want it to work the way it did before they touched it. They are supposed to come back today to fix the ignitor issue. I just hope they don't touch my absolutely quiet convection fan!

Comments (2)