SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shmulibaby1

Comprehensive budget range hoods thread

shmulibaby1
12 years ago

Hi, I am new here so please be gentle. I'm in the market for a relatively powerful internal blower, wall-mounted (and possibly under-cabinet) range hood, say 700 - 1000 CFM. It appears that the name brands (futuro, XO, Zephyr, Best, Vent-a-Hood, etc.) would cost north of $1,200. I'm really budgeting in the range of $600-$850. My internet searches have led me to the following brands that would fit this budget: Cavalier-Euro, Windster, Proline, and some Chinese brands like Sakura.

I understand that quite a few people on this forum use the Zephyr Typhoon and that would fall into my budget, but it would seem that you get a bigger bang for the buck with some of the brands that i mentioned. For instance, Proline makes one model that is 27" deep (vs 20" for the typhoon) and comes with baffle filters and costs $730.

I was hoping to start a comprehensive thread where people can post their experience with any of these, or other brands that i failed to mention. I would think that many people wouldn't mind shelling out $4k+ for a BS or CC range but still prefer to save a bit on what is essentially just a powerful fan. Anyway, thanks very much in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline hood

Comments (29)