SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itltrot_gw

Shower Head placement?!?

itltrot
10 years ago

Or heads in this case. Our masterbath shower is still in the planning stages but demo should start over Memorial weekend. We are planning on a 5'6" x 36" (upto 42") shower. DH wants 2 shower heads, wand and possibly rain head.

I hoping we could get by with a single shower head and a wand set up to run individually but I'm not sure DH is quite convinced yet.

I am however very unsure on where to place the shower heads. Do I do one on each end of the shower (the 36" or 42")? Or do I place them both on the 5'6" wall?

If they are on the long wall how much splash am I going to have on the glass wall behind it? Should this be a concern? We do have hard water.

Does it make more sense to confine the plumbing to one wall as opposed to two separate ends of the shower? All 3 walls could be accessed from the back side. Two sides share walls with the hall bathroom and the 3rd (36" or 42" wall) is a shared wall to our bedroom.

I'm probably over thinking the whole thing but I plan to do this only once. My thoughts were if the plumbing was all one wall then on the smaller walls I could do the shower niches.

Any suggestions would be great.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz