SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vervelife

quick need shower head help

Hi all,

I have this shower system installed in my new home:

Grohe Shower Fixture

The invoice from the plumbing supplier says this:

"this is an exposed diverter with head and handheld all in one please look at specs before plumbing."

I pointed this out to my GC.

The shower system above is installed so that the rain head is too low (in my opinion). The rain head is at 6'6" (per my GC, but I say 6'4"). My husband is 6' tall.

I'm arguing with my GC now on this because they've drilled this through my full-mud shower now so it can't be moved. There is a height extension piece available for 6" additional. I thought I was being really nice by offering they use this instead of pulling off all of the tile and re-doing the whole setup. I think they should pay for this height extension and he says I have to pay for it because I want the shower head in an unusually tall position.

I need to get out there and measure it exactly tonight but I'm really bothered by the fact that my husband will be so close to the shower head. The point of a rain shower is to have the water fall over you in a luxurious way so it does not make sense to have it so close to the head.

I imagined it would be like this:

Instead, the reality is it looks like this where if I move the hand shower up the bar high enough to use it as a regular shower head (which was my intention!) with the rain shower as an option, the rain shower head gets in the way and the water sprays everywhere.

For the record, the diverter is here and since this is a retrofit kit shouldn't that be at 74-78" where a shower head would have been in the wall prior to a retrofit?

cross-posting in bathrooms / plumbing...

Comments (13)