SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamjim_gw

Dishwasher Help: Bosch v. Fisher & Paykel vs. Other

iamjim
14 years ago

F&P DishDrawer v. Bosch v. Other DishDrawer v. Other Tall Tub. Discuss :)

My 5 year old Maytag is done, again, and I have had enough of fixing it. I miss the days of getting 15-30 years out of an appliance. All of my Maytag appliances appear to be rebadged garbage and die a gruesome death 3-5 years after purchase. I am going to invest in a decent dishwasher hoping that it will last at least ten years. When I dropped $600 on this Maytag I thought I was getting a long term investment, alas I was wrong.

My darling wife is a big DishDrawer fan: but has never used them, so it is a lust of form over function. I need to know, given the $900-ish budget (The price of the DishDrawer), what you would have in your kitchen for a dishwasher. I am looking for something reliable, energy efficient (EnergyStar) and quiet. I don't want to spend nearly a thousand bucks on something that just looks good: I am hoping to hear from a current owner or two.

The exterior finish will be a basic black. I happened to be grabbing something from Sears and a saleman there started trying to sell me on the powerscrub and "garbage disposal" features in the new dishwasher they were hawking - claiming that it goes "way beyond" your run-of-the-mill masticator.

I am also concerned about warranty: any time I had to get service on the Maytag it was a minimum of $100 to get any local guy to the house, then there was time & parts. The best service I've had from appliances has been from AGA. I want something where a company will stand behind their product, if that even exists anymore.

Any information, advice, etc. will be appreciated, thanks!!

Comments (4)