SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kclv

I think I may need a new dishwasher.

kclv
12 years ago

I have been starting to replace all of my 9 year old appliances. My budget only allows me to replace them one at a time, and with 2 kids in college and another about to start med school, my funds are pretty limited.

I just got the fridge the other day- a Frigidaire 26 cu ft side-by side which I got at Lowes, including the extra 4 year warranty, for $1200.

I was thinking the wall oven would be next, but the dishwasher has not been working very well. It goes through the cycles fine, but the dishes often come out with food still on them. I do scrape them and give them a quick rinse before loading them. In the past, a bottle of Dishwasher Magic would fix the problem, but not anymore. Plus, some of the plastic at the bottom of the cutlery tray has broken, so I can't use the whole thing. I was considering buying a new tray to buy some time, but with the way the dishes are coming out, it may be a waste of money.

Currently I have a Kenmore Elite. My main considerations are quiet (my kitchen is open to the family room), and I don't want a unit which vents out the sides. I was considering a Frigidaire model FGBD2451KF, which has a front vent, and a handle, is configured much like the one I have now, and is rated at 54dB.

Is anyone familiar with this model? It's priced at $600, but if I wait for a 15% off sale, and use my Lowes card for an extra 5% off, it will be affordable, even adding installation costs.

Comments (10)