SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisapoi

did my new induction range repair itself?

lisapoi
12 years ago

Plugged in my new Electrolux free-standing induction range (newly wired according to spec's) on Saturday, and after setting the clock, as directed, I got a brief F23 Error code, followed by an F20 Error code that did not stop beeping until I pushed "cancel".

The lower oven was the only thing that worked. Only Slow Cook and Keep Warm worked on the upper oven. None of the induction burners worked.

Called Sears Canada to set up repair appointment, and was told to unplug the stove for 30 mins., plug in again, hit Stop, then reset clock and try again.

Problem is, there is no "Stop" button on the stove.

So I left the darn thing plugged in, figuring at least I could look at the clock until Monday when a repair person could look at it.

When I woke up Sunday morning, and touched the display, everything worked!!!

I'm happy, but am wondering why this happened? Does anyone know? Should I be happy that now everything works, or should I be concerned that I have a stove whose electronics are unreliable??

Because induction is really new up here in Canada, I'm not very confident that even the repair people will know what to say or do with the induction electronics.

Comments (13)