SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

I really hate my AG Wolf range!

caflowerluver
14 years ago

I have tried to work with it since my kitchen remodel 2.5 years ago and I am still unhappy. Unfortunately I can't afford to replace it with something else. I am so frustrated with roasting and baking in the oven. The burners are great and I have no complaints with them, it is the oven that drives me nuts.

I am so frustrated with roasting and baking in the oven. The temperature has been checked a dozen times and it has been calibrated twice. And I am talking hours of checking the temperature every 15 minutes. It supposedly is accurate. But meat takes much longer, at least an hour or so more, to cook then it should.

If I use the convection setting then it burns on the outside but is still uncooked on the inside. So that doesn't seem to help. I have tried covering in foil so it doesn't burn, but it still takes longer to cook even with the convection fan on. It really is hit and miss with baked goods. A cheesecake took more then one and half hours longer then it's cooking time to be done.

And service is a joke. The "official" service company here does not insipire confidence. They keep sending out 19 YO kids. What experience do they have? I know they have to learn, but I want someone who already KNOWS what they are doing. I have written the company with my complaints about the local service representative, but got nowhere with the company. We are way out in the sticks and that is the only ones they have.

I wish I had never bought it and this is a warning to all those of you who are thinking of getting one. Think twice, then buy something else. They really aren't worth the price tag.

What I really wish I had bought is a 1950's O'Keefe Merritt or other vintage stove that had been restored.

Clare

Comments (19)