SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Help with light switch, outlet, thermostat, towel ring placement

piscesgirl
10 years ago

So our vanity sits right next to a wall that is only 21.25" deep (not including door casing)...vanity is 20" deep. As you enter the bathroom this wall and vanity sink are directly to your right.

I started to go through the list of what we were going to put on this wall and is seems like an aweful lot to fit in a very narrow space.

-Light switch & fan timer in a dual switch plate
-Thermostat for radiant floor heating
- GFCI outlet
-Towel ring/bar

If I place all of these on this wall is it going to look way to busy. I don't want the wall to look like a plane cockpit. Any pictures or suggestions as to how to make it look the best?

When looking at bathroom photos on Houzz and the like I saw very little bathrooms with photos of towel rings/bars (or any towel holders actually) or thermostats.

What are people doing with their hand towels?

Where are people placing their thermostats? I thought of sticking it inside of the vanity cabinet but I figure that might end up being a pain to get to. Any other suggestions? I would prefer it to be in a very non-visable place and since our bathroom is only 7'x7.5' and this is the entry wall and not visable upon looking into the bathroom I thought it was the best placement but now I am not so sure.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Comments (6)