SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrickbitton

Which range hood to buy

patrickbitton
17 years ago

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Wolf 48" Dual Fuel range which has 4 burners, a griddle and a Bar B Que. I'm having a little trouble finding a range hood without salespeople scaring the crap out of my wife and I.

We were looking at the Jenn-Air model JXT9048CDP, which is priced at $1595.00 + taxes in Canada. This unit has 6 speed, 2 warming lamps, auto shut off and 2 centrifugal motors(?). My wife and I went to a place that specializes in high end appliances and the salesperson explained that with my range, I would need a vent hood with an external blower unit. Well, that's really nice because there would be no noise but the cost is $3000.00. He also explained that having a Bar B Que and a griddle, it would create ALOT of smoke and that my, 1100cfm Jenn-Air would not be powerful enough to draw out all the smoke. But I read on another site that too much power can pull smoke and carbon monoxide from the fireplace and from the furance vent which can cause major health problems.

My question is, am I okay with the Jenn-Air or what the salesmen was telling me is true? I don't want to call Jenn-Air because they will try and sell their product and same goes with Wolf or Ventahood.

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

Comments (17)