SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deconovice

vacuum advice?

deconovice
16 years ago

We desperately need a new vacuum. we have 2 sets of stairs & our house is about 3400 sq ft. Weight is our biggest priority b/c I have a history of low back issues & w/ our current approx 16 lb Bissell (which has little to no suction left anyway), I end up in back pain after only doing one floor and my husband also hates vacuuming b/c of the weight of the vacuum & having to lug it up & down the stairs. So I researched a few of the seemingly more popular & better vacuums and here is what I came up with. Does anyone have a recommendation based on our house & our issues? Our entire upstairs is carpet and our downstairs is about 2/3 hardwood.

Thank you!

so here are the pros of each for me, which do you think might be the best choice?

dyson- 15 lbs but have heard great things about cleaning power & the slim has a long hose (I think?) that you could use to do the stairs so you don't have to carry it up & down. filters are lifetime & no bag. 5 yr warrantee.

oreck- only weighs 8 or 9 pounds! but need to change filters & bags & i think is the most expensive of the 3. 5 yr warrantee

hoover windtunnel- not sure about weight (i saw something that said over 20 lbs, is this correct?), bagless w/ lifetime filter. not sure about warrantee.

Comments (11)