SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Ceiling curtain track

10 years ago

Hi all -- you've been really helpful in suggesting that an alternative to glass or the saggy elbow-bend shower curtains I know of, is a ceiling-mounted curtain track. This is a great idea! I really appreciate the steering in this direction.

I wonder who might have personal experience with these systems? I am leery of one that might not glide freely. We had an IKEA ceiling mounted curtain delineating a kids' play space for a few years and it never worked well, always catching on the joins. Perhaps we didn't install it well?

So that's my first question: has anyone personal experience with ceiling mounted tracks and their gliding capacity? Do you have a system that works well? Doesn't work smoothly?

I will be installing a ceiling mounted, not recessed-mounted system.

The second question involves the gliders. There are several different manufacturers making various different kinds of glides, some with ball bearings, some with wheels, some with a friction carrier, some with a block carrier ... anyone have any wisdom to impart regarding one over another? Here's a page listing several available carriers. To house all these various carriers there are grooved tracks and I-tracks etc. Any preferences or wisdom regarding the quality of track type to choose please? (That would be the third question...)

Many thanks!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations