SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiamaria_gw

Wedding Tablescape - Italy theme

tiamaria
14 years ago

I'm planning my daughter's wedding in June of 2010. The venue has an Italian style fountain that is visible from the floor to ceiling windows that encompass the room. It is lovely. We are going to spot light it in a color.

I could use some ideas of what elements to incorporate into the decor in particular the tables. It's a fine line when deciding what type of props to use. Then there is the difficulty of finding them.

Here is what I have so far:

Colors: Italian sunset courtesy of "The Best of Italy". Pinks/Peach/Lavender/Plum

Centerpieces: Some high, some low, but the container will be urns in a light finish hopefully antique white. I could get Terracotta and do some kind of white finish over them.

Fill urns with roses/hydrangea/peaches/grapes and some vines.

To raise the urns I found short columns you can rent.

Linen:DD wants lace tablecloths but that might be too much of an antique feel. She also dislikes green for some reason. Should I use a shade of lavender or white?

Candles: Candelabras or pillar candle holders?

Chairs: Gold Chiavari (supplied by venue)

Favors: We love the idea of incorporating favors as double duty table decor. I found a company who imports those old fashioned candy coated almonds. What is different is they make a flower out of them using organdy fabric. Is it tacky to place one of these candy flowers on the napkin? You have to see these to appreciate. The link:

www.confettipelino.com

One other element: We can rent plum colored wine glasses.

I've never been to Italy so I don't know what element in design would evoke the spirit of the country. I can't help but think I need something else but I tend to over do things.

Sorry so long but I may as well mention this too. I'm having a lighting technician shoot a pattern of leaves on the ceiling to give a garden feel.

Thanks for reading.

Tia

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions