SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Jeanne's First Ever Full Tablescape...Yippee, Levi & Billy

jeannespines
14 years ago

Ok, most of my day has been trying stuff for my first tablescape...and, of course, since I opened my big mouth about Billy, the Kid being a distant relative to my DH, (cause Lynn posted about Abe Lincoln being a relative)...and then OA jumped on the stagecoach finding that "Levi S" b'day is next week, so I decided I had to contribute!

This is my dining table and also my first tablescape on this forum:

I used one set of my everyday dishes because they are very plain & heavy & seemed to work better than anything else.

Here's a closer view of the centerpc on one end of the table. I used a favorite denim vest for the covering (has lots of blue lace on it...my Mom bought it for me when she was a Winter Texan many yrs. ago)and the brown cowboy hat is DH's from his younger days:

Everything here I scourged from my home... the old tray is for a birdhouse roof project..the horseshoe also...and 2 horseshoes hooked tog is a puzzle game from downstairs...the jar with the horseheads is called something special (I forget) but it's the center bowl to a pipe holder which holds the tobacco... many, many yrs ago my DH smoked a pipe...

The Remington book purchased while vacationing ... the oil lamp from the mantle downstairs in family room...

This little cowgirl is me...I re-printed it today from a scanned print & put in an old matt...remember so long ago when the b&w's were printed with white scalloped edges...this pic is old (like me, I guess)...but I love it! The brass toy horse is from my DH's childhood...all the GK's have played with it for years!

Just for fun, I used my software & printed one of these in "antique":

You can see that "barbed wire" cactus ... that's a gift from purplemoon...it's going on a barn door or a birdhse..I have to decide!

Here's one more showing the place setting a little closer...no napkins (I tried several of mine & didn't like them...even sewed a pantleg of some old jeans! LOL!) So, ended up with my dishtowels. Water glasses removed from table, too. But, note that cute little glass boot...all jeweled up, that's from my DH's bar downstairs & we bought that in Germany back when we were first married & in the military...it's a shot glass.

Ok, I've written a story...I got HOOKED! Thanks for the ideas & lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
More Discussions