SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nlcl_gw

Pinwheel tile floor/border question

nlcl
16 years ago

I am very fortunate in that I have been given the left-overs from another bathroom remodel and they are beautiful travertine pinwheel tiles that work beautifully with the polished travertine I chose for the shower wall above the tub (this is an update only - we are keeping the original tub). I also received the coordinating vanilla-colored travertine border pieces (6x12). My question has to do with placement of the pinwheel "rug" in the center of the plain border tiles. I wish I was technically savvy enough to post a drawing but I'm not - sorry. The floor is a long rectangle, 95" long by 42" wide. All along one long side is the vanity and all along the other side is the tub/shower and the linen closet. The toilet is at the end of the room, opposite as you walk in. My question is, do I lay the pinwheel center area as if the toilet is not there, meaning do a true 6" wide border around the whole room (causing the toilet to sit on part of the pinwheel rug) or do I do 2 feet of border tiles at the end of the room so there is plain tile all under the toilet and the pinwheel rug is essentially only on the front 2/3 of the room? I'm thinking that it makes more sense to pretend the toilet is not there when I do the floor and just do a simple border and let the rest of the fixtures, etc., fall where they may. Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Comments (2)