SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Finally ... our new bathroom!

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

I think this room is FINALLY finished. The shower door guy came back on Friday to replace the shower door handle (the first one was HUGE).

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this room turned out. We splurged on a few things, but overall there's nothing I wouldn't do again. I would say that I could probably live without the heated floor, but in the grand scheme of things I think the total cost of that was about $300, so for that price I'm happy to have it.

The room is only 8x8 and I can't think of anything else I needed in the room. In fact the shower (5' x 40") seems overly large.

Here are a few of the details, although I've forgotten the particulars of several items. If anyone is really itching to know I can look it up.

Floor: Light gray 24x6 porcelain tile (was originally 24x12 and our tile guy cut it down.

Walls: Off-white 12x24 tile with oval glass accent tile

Fixtures: All Kohler. The faucet is Margaux. Showerhead is the Flipside and I LOVE it. Highly recommend this handshower. All fixtures including sink were ordered from faucetdirect.com.

Heated floor: Flextherm

Toilet: Toto Carolina II

Vanity and linen cabinet: Custom built to my design

Towel warmer: Runtal neptune

Colors: Walls Benjamin Moore Gray Mist; ceilings BM Healing Aloe

Counter: Hanstone Ruscello Aspen

Vanity pendant lights from Lumens

I wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. You were all a wonderful source information and inspiration during this process. I would have lost my mind and probably made several mistakes during this process without all of you.

But enough of all that stuff ... onto the photos (which were very hard to get without a wide angle lens). These are more or less from left to right as you walk in the room.

I love the teak shower floor. It flips right up to clean underneath it. It has a great feel under your feet.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus