SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shakfu3_gw

Please provide input on front elevation

shakfu3
12 years ago

As always, thanks in advance for any feedback.

We are trying to squeeze a house on a tight lot in Northern NJ leveraging modular construction.

I am having a dispute with my wife on the first pass of the front elevation. I like simple, colonial homes. I also like a simple roof design from a cost perspective. My wife does not share the same philosophy. She feels as if the elevation below is too simple. In particular, she is worried about the fact that there are no "bump-outs" which would add character and break up the straight lines, especially on the top half of the home. I thing the elevation is classic.

I would welcome any suggestions to make the front facade more 'interesting" for my wife. Unfortunately, we really cannot change the footprint of the house due to the constraints of the lot. A section of the side garage will stick out by ~8ft in the front of the house. We put a hip roof above that to blend it in.

I guess we could add a center gable but I personally don't find those appealing. Maybe a more dramatic front porch or even a porch across the front of the house could work.

Thanks for any help!!!!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!