SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gb85

Independent or Kobe Hood (local purchase or online)

gb85
14 years ago

Choices - Independent Incline 600 Cfms or Kobe CH0036SQB or CH0136SQB. I have to make a decision in the next couple of days. Both seem to get very good reviews and I believe either will work fine for me. The decision making is really about cost and ordering from a local dealer or online. I can order the Independent from a local dealer but they do not do a lot of business with Independent so I am not sure how much expertise they will bring. This option is also several hundred dollars more expensive. The Kobe is available only online but is less expensive. I have never ordered a large (expensive) appliance online so am concerned about what happens it there is a problem. The online sites I am looking at are Venting Direct and Natural Home. Has anyone ordered from them and if so how was the experience? If I buy Independent locally am I more likely to have a better install and maintenance experience? For some reason I have struggled with the hood decision more than any of the other appliances.

thanks!

Comments (7)