SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet1_2007

I have lueked as long as I can stand it! May I join?

janet1_2007
13 years ago

I have been lurking on this forum for a long time, and have just decided that it is time to introduce myself. I am a retired gm to 9 wonderful gkids ranging in age from 24 yr to 7 mo. I am finally geting to babysit the least one while his parents work--a first for me aince I was working when the others were small or they were too far away(Germany) so I am really enjoying him. I have always enjoyed dishes and have a good amount, although I have never tried tablescapes. I have a DH who is anything but formal or fuzzy about meals. He is happier with a hot dog or buger than a fancy meal, so I may meet with rebelion if I try to do a nice tablescape, but thats ok-- he can eat in the yard at the picnic table. I had never been a thrift store shopper until about 15 yrs ago when my best friend introduced me to the thrill of the hunt. Now I can't get enough. I had rather go to GW than the mall. In the past month since I have been seriously lurking here, I have found a great Christmas set of dishes (Service for 8) for $16.00, an old cake stand which is taller than any I have ever seen in the stores (about 10 or 11 inches tall) for $2.00 and Sunday I ran into DT and found plain cream plates that would match a set or ironstone that I found a few years ago at a flea market for a real steal. I grabbed 6 they were marked .50 each. When I checked out the sales girl said these rang up for .25 each, so of course I had to go back and get 6 more. (my stoneware set was service for 8, so I have a backup of 4, just incase I break one. I have been looking at the red, white and blue dishes at DG and wally W. but an trying to think about what I really like. especially since I will get less resistance if dh dosen't see a lot of new things at one time. BY the way, Christmas is my all time favorite holiday, so I will have to slowly start a collection for the other holidays. I am not tec. savy enough to know how to post pictures yet, maybe one of my GKs can teach me.I am really enjoying the post and pictures that are on the holiday forum. Thanks,Janet

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions