SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
navyavi469

I think I may have burnt my tomatoes

navyavi469
13 years ago

Been having spectacular success growing my tomatoes very early in the season, they're at day 50 since being planted as seedlings, already 5 feet high. The other day we had 3 full days of overcast skies and rain.... uh oh, here comes the fungus I'm thinking. The next morning sun was forecase, I go out and hit the garden with organic fungicide; I also had a bag of miracle grow sitting around I figured I'd just throw it on there... i'm not too picky with that stuff as I ususually just use it on ornamanetals but what the heck. I've got great fruit coming in on the tomato plants and I want to ensure as much development as I can. SO.... I hit the plants with a direct shot of miracle grow from the miracle grow sprayer. The next day I come out and say... holy crap I've got blight everywhere!!!! I had a lot of brown curled leaves and most of the new growth at the tops of the plants was wilted... there are light khaki brown spots all over the leaves. I immediate go into panic mode thinking I've got tomato blight due to the 3 days of rain and high humidity. After thinking about it, I occurs to me that the blight showed up no too long after the miracle grow was applied. Now I'm thinking maybe I screwed up, maybe it was ME who burned the crap out of the tomatoes with that stupid synthetic smurf manure. Is there a way to tell if it is indeed a fungus/blight or if I just over-fertilized the foliage and screwed myself. I have already flushed the soil and trimmed all the wilted ends off... the plants still have a good amount of light brown spots on the leaves, but NO yellow halos. What do I DO? Will they recover?

Comments (5)