SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harmon_gw

Three months later ...

Harmon
10 years ago

After initially selecting a floor plan back in January, I posted it here to get some feedback. After considering all the (mostly negative) input which helped gf and I determine our priorities in our new house, we decided to look at other plans. I posted some of those plans here and received excellent feedback from lavender_lass, naf_naf, and many others. After considering all of that input, spending many lunch hours at the architect firm's offices, multiple meetings with our builder, and lots of driving to view different houses that had used various plans, we have now settled on this floor plan.

Would appreciate some tweaking suggestions for improvement. (This is the second set of plans our builder, and eventually us, has paid for so we are not buying a third. We are also not going to do major structural changes like moving the garage to the back of the house.) I am hoping for suggestions that will improve what we have. For instance I just noticed tonight that there is no landing space next to the oven/microwave (located next to sink). Perhaps the cooktop could be slid down towards the fridge, oven/microwave placed in the corner facing the living room, and they could share a landing space?

FYI - The diagram is mostly accurate except on the left side of the house "Bath 3" will become the utility room and the WIC off of the study will become a powder room. Roughly 1' each will be taken from the master closet and study to make this space big enough for those changes.

Thanks in advance for your time & suggestions!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!