SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stefanies_mom

New Member and Osteoporosis Diagnosis

Stefanies_Mom
21 years ago

Hello everyone :o)

My name is Sarah and I am a new member. I am 48 and have two years of menopause experience and what an experience it has been!

Over the past two years I have been on four different HRT's; Tri-Est, Prempro, Ortho Prefest and last, but not least, Premarin. I have gone through the headaches, breast sorness, bloating, swelling, loss of libido and when I began spotting three months to the date of beginning Premarin, I decided it was time to get off HRT altogether. Three months later I have no headaches, no bloating, no swelling, my libido is coming back and no spotting. I also have gone through three doctors, but have found a female GYN who understands!!!

I had a bone scan done two years ago and was diagnosed with Osteopenia in my hips, but everything else looked ok. Two years and a new bone scan later, I have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis in the hips, and Osteopenia in my spine :o( My doctor has prescribed Actonel (once-a-week) which I will begin on Sunday. I am just now beginning my research, so if anyone out there has any experience with this drug, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

I look forward to reading and sharing with all of you. It is so wonderful not to feel alone.

Sarah

Comment (1)

Sponsored