SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newoldhouser

what would u do? temp. housing

newoldhouser
16 years ago

HELLO. I WOULD LOVE ANY ADVICE. OK...HERE'S MY SITUATION:

We have been living in a small, REALLY small house next to my husband's uncle for one year now and will be starting to build in two weeks. So it looks like my husband and I and our two toddlers and the dog will be in this little two bedroom house with only a shower for at least another 10 months but more than likely another year.

So here is the alternative...There is a nice house that has been for sale in town and the owner has just told me that they would consider a month to month rental as long as the house stays on the market.

By the way, I live in a very small town with little options for rental.

Sooooooooo. What would you do? Stick it out living rent free in a tiny house a little too close to the relatives, or move in the nice house pay rent and hope that it doesn't sell.

In a way I know that the next year will fly by and we will get through it, but I can't help but think that this is the last year both my babies will be at home with me before they start school and I really want to enjoy this year. By the way, I am a Stay at home mom, so I spend a lot of time at home.

Thanks for your input.

Comments (13)