SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

Please Explain Hanging Clothes to dry

nostalgicfarm
12 years ago

I may just not be very well set up for hanging NICE clothes and shirts to dry, or it may be a mental block as it seems like a lot of work when I have DH and 3 little ones... Right now I hang MY really nice shirts over the elliptical in the basement and pretty much everything else goes in the dryer. DH has been complaining that some of his cotton t-shirts are shrinking...and I have to agree. I am also trying to get nicer clothes for the little ones and ourselves and would like them to last. When I look on ebay, there are a lot of people selling their kids clothes that say that they "always wash in cold and hang dry".

How do you hang the clothes without them getting all wrinkly? I use those nice Joy Mangano type hangers, but I guess you need to use something else to hang them. Right now I just throw whatever I want to "hang dry" over the elliptical and throw it in the dryer for a little while to get the wrinkles out. I don't have a line outside, but am in the country, so it could be done. I guess I just don't understand how everyone hangs the clothes without leaving marks in the clothes, especially if they go on hangers when they are wet? And can you really only ever wash your kids clothes in cold???

Comments (5)