SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennyluxe

Need Help Vetting Budget Appliances

pennyluxe
14 years ago

I've read through a lot of posts in the forum and done research through Consumer Reports and the web--hopefully this question isn't terribly redundant!

My boyfriend and I are remodeling our kitchen and I have volunteered to take care of the appliances. Of course, I am totally overwhelmed by all of the options. We have a modest budget, and I don't want to spend more than $3K on the appliances, which might be possible, but perhaps not smart...I don't know.

The top priorities are a range and above-range microwave (we cannot do a wall oven due to counter-space limitations). We do not have gas.

The second is a dishwasher, and the last is a fridge. My parents just passed their old one down to us so we do have the option to buy the other three elements and purchase a new fridge in a year or so. Our current appliances are white and I am debating between white and SS. I've heard from some that SS shows too many smudges, any thoughts/opinions?

I pulled some initial models based on CR reviews, and I've love to hear any input around particular models and/or brands.

RANGE

These are all drop-in models. My mom is recommending that we get a slide-in but I have not researched these yet.

I'd love to have gas, but since it's not a possibility I tend to lean toward smooth-top electric rather than coil.

GE CleanDesign JB700DNWW

GE JBP35SMSS

Kenmore 9641

Frigidaire Gallery Series FGEF3031K

Samsung FCQ321HTUX

Amana AER6011VAS

DISHWASHERS

Bosch SHE6AP05UC

Kenmore 1389

Whirlpool Gold GU2300XTV[Q]

MICROWAVES

Samsung SMH9187