SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvn2oxfrd_gw

Appliance research frustration--need basic appliance help

luvn2oxfrd
13 years ago

I think I have a case of the over-researched-blues.

We are in the process of a major kitchen remodel on a limited budget. I need basic appliances that are durable, functional, and affordable. My dream for professional grade is in the distant future when the kids are grown and my husband has a better paying job.

My style of cooking is fast week night meals, occasional holiday cooking for the extended family and recreational baking with the kids. I have only ever had builder's grade appliances and have had no issues.

Now that I can choose my own appliances, however, I am running into trouble. I would like to keep the refrigerator, range, microwave and dishwasher in the $3500-4500 range. I have room in the budget for a few fun "extras", but nothing too exorbitant. A counter depth fridge would be nice, but I don't think I want to sacrifice interior fridge capacity. I don't need my dishwasher to be silent, but I would like it to be sleek looking with the controls on top. I dream of a dual fuel range, but don't know if it is necessary. A double oven range would be nice, but I like a gas cooktop.

And what about mixing brands? For simplicity, I would like to keep everything the same brand, but if, for example, KA is good at refrigerators, then their ranges stink.

Where do you start?

Here are the appliances I thought I wanted until I did too much research for my own good. Any insight would be greatly appreciated:

Range: KitchenAid KDRS505XSS

Microwave: KitchenAid KHMS2040WSS Stainless Steel

Refrigerator: KitchenAid KBFS25EWMS Monochromatic Stainless Steel

Dishwasher: Bosch SHX4AP05UC Stainless Steel

Comments (13)