SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT....hi and an apology

Purplemoon
11 years ago

Hey Gang, I first, and most important, want to say how sorry I am for not posting normally. I've been jumping on here in the evening to read what's going on, but as you've seen I haven't even commented. No excuse, but a sincere apology for doing that to you! I love you guys... and don't like myself when I let you down.

I haven't done anything to post about. No shopping, not even online. LOL. Does that tell you what a total dud I've been lately??! Right now I am trying to get motivated to pull out my Patriotic things. I use to decorate with them for Memorial Day and leave up thru July 4th. (then pull out my fairly-new beach-themed things I did two years ago for the first time. It was a fun change for the summer blahs I get.) Last year I did none of this, with good reason, but this year NO good reason. Just can't find my decorating enthusiasm for these smaller holidays. Wish one of you, at least, lived close enough to come kick my butt and get me started again.

Neck update (excuse the repeat for some of you) Saw the doc Tuesday that removed the tumor on my neck. He said the surgery site is healing well, tho all the pain I'm having is from a neck muscle that keeps spasming and driving me crazy. He said it would take a couple of months for it to settle down and behave normal. Jeeez, I was thinking weeks. :o(

I mentioned that I was sure the tumor was baseball-sized, since it pretty much filled my hand. He pulled up the pathology report with the actual measurements and told me it was larger than a softball..Holy Crap! No wonder I had problems with my neck and shoulders at times, and here I thought it was just more Fibro pain. Anyway, the neck pain has me pretty limited in what I can do since it goes into spasms easily. Plus that muscle seems to think my head is the equivalent of a bowling ball, so it aches and throbs constantly unless I'm laying down.

I want to tell those of you who post and keep this Forum going during the slack decorating times just how much I appreciate you! You're the backbone of this Forum! As much as I LOVE (LOVE!!) seeing holiday decorations, I also love the tablescapes and shopping goodies you share. We all do I'm sure. So thank you for continually being here and sharing things. Love you bunches! ;o)

I will try to get back on track, I promise.

Oh, including a link for a blogger talking about a thrift store run she made. I was laughing out loud at her determination to get some goodies. You'll relate I'm sure.

LOL

hugs, K

Here is a link that might be useful: Thrift Store Shopping Trip

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions