SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandsonik_gw

Question about bathtub reglazing

sandsonik
15 years ago

I'm looking into reglazing my tub to hold me through to the day when I can afford to replace my tub and all my tile...

but I'm not sure what to believe as far as the competing methods used. Many or most of these companies acid etch the tubs to remove the old finish, leaving it dull and primed to accept a new finish. They claim this is key.

Miracle Method says they have a proprietary bonding method that's better than acid etching, and lasts longer. They say acid etching pits the tub and that 25% of their jobs are repairing damage done from acid etching while their way chemically bonds the new coating to the tub. They also favor acrylic coatings over epoxy, but I'm not sure if most others use epoxy or not.

And I have no idea who to believe or which one sounds right! If you've had your tub reglazed and are happy, do you know which method was used? For that matter, if you're unhappy - tell me about that too!

Originally, I was turned off by the way Miracle Method seems to be all about franchising and figured the way everyone else does it was probably the right way while theirs was the easier or quicker way. But the BBB reports for my area actually seem to rate Miracle Method the best based on the limited reports they have on these companies.

Considering Miracle Method is national, I'm hoping someone here has some experience with them!

Comments (15)