SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillies01

Replacing hood for 36 inch rangetop

jillies01
11 years ago

Hello,
I have a 6 year old Thermador Professional Rangetop, 36 inch, with 6 burners. I am in the market for a new hood for it. I am considering 3 options - all 42 inches wide. The options are Ventahood - flairline style DAH-118, Modernair (with a concave look) PS1118-342, or Wolf Pro 24 inch deep.

My contractor wants me to go with either the VAH or Wolf since it is through his "recommended" appliance store. However I am concerned about the cleaning and noise level on the VAH. Also - the VAH shows it is only 600 CFM (but said equiv to 900 CFM on "others") - where as the salesperson at the other store told me I am better off with the 1200 of MA. I feel like all the info the one store and my contractor give me contradicts what I read here. But not sure if the 1200 MA is overkill.

Which should I go with? I like the look of the VAH and Modernaire - but the Wolf is a close second.

Thank you!

PS - I am replacing an Imperial hood liner (currently in a wood hood that is being removed) and it sounds like a freight train!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio