SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

medicine cabinet for 13' opening, 23' high

talley_sue_nyc
14 years ago

I need to replace my Eisenhower-era recessed medicine cabinet. The current cabinet fits too snugly to remove without damaging the wall (which I'd rather avoid until it's time to truly replace it), but the interior measurement is 12-7/8" wide by 22-3/4" tall.

I'm having trouble finding one that dimension. I did find a 12" one that's 26" tall, and I could perhaps go with that if my handyman can remake the wooden frame that's set into the wall (I have see the wooden frame years ago, when i was actually able to remove the cabinet without chewing up the wall; not sure why it's so hard this time, but it was)

I can't go wider, bcs there's stuff in the way that I don't want to mess w/ (an outlet on one side; a towel cabinet on the other).

And I need to do this an inexpensively as possible. We're just spiffing up to sell (and the existing cabinet is phenomenally rusted).

Does anyone have any suggestions for small-bathroom medicine cabinets?

it seems like the default is as 14" opening--and I don't know how hard it would be to turn my maybe-13" opening into a 14" opening.

(even the 14"-ers, I can't find in 22' high)

Comments (2)