SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bayareafrancy

Lightweight (and excellent) canister vacuum for under $400?

bayareafrancy
15 years ago

Hi all,

I've searched the site quite a bit, but I need to pick your brains a little more!

I need the lightest canister vac possible (terrible back and wrist problems). I have 90% hardwood floors with 3 low pile rugs. No pets. Just an old, dusty house. Two dirt tracking little boys. One dirt tracking husband.

I'm considering that adorable yellow Miele Galaxy model that starts at 399. Though I wonder if I would need the $120 turbo brush attachment for my rugs. (I've read that muscle power is sufficient for rugs with the basic attachment, but I'm lacking in muscle power these days.)

I also like the cheaper Miele Naturell for 250. This might work for me b/c I don't need variable suction, or the special attachments or telescoping wand that come on the 399 model. But it is several pounds heavier than the 399 model. Not sure how much heavier exactly.

My needs are really simple: lightweight, excellent sucking performance, won't break down in a few years. And a color that coordinates with my home! I'm really loving that pale yellow color!

I don't need to vacuum the ceiling, or the furniture, or the drapes, or the car. I don't need HEPA. I don't need bagless.

Just lightweight, high quality suction. (In yellow?)

I also saw the look-alike Simplicity Jack and Jill models in a store, but I can't find anything about them online. (And argh--the Jill is hot pink.)

Can anyone offer advice/experience please?

Thank you!!

Francy

Comments (3)