SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treasuretheday

Marble vs. granite for a master bathroom

treasuretheday
13 years ago

Hi! I've just recently found this forum and it seems like a great place for advice and information. I'm choosing materials for a long-awaited master bath remodel and I've fallen in love with Paradiso marble for its brown and gray tones. It would be the room's focal point as I plan to use it on the vanity tops and whirlpool tub suround. I'm hearing such different opinions about using marble in a bathroom that I'm not sure what to do. I know that marble stains easily and I think I can take steps to avoid that but would I have to worry about every little thing that comes in contact with it? (Toothpaste, hairspray, windex over-spray when the mirrors are cleaned, etc) Our installer (with 30+ years experience) told me that marble doesn't react well to the steam in a bathroom and even that is enough to cause a hazy appearance after a few years(!) I don't want to ignore the warnings and then regret my decision later. I'm just having a hard time finding a granite that I am as excited about. Any advice is appreciated... even if you tell me to get over the marble and move on! lol Thanks!!

Comments (6)