SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

My recent finds Part 1

luckygal
14 years ago

I have a few 'found treasures' to show from our recent trip as well as Saturday's yard sales here at home. I've not found much since last year so it was fun!

We went to one yard sale when we were traveling so only got a few things. A few craft items which I haven't taken pics of but this red glass heart was a real 'find' for me. I collect handmade art glass and this little red heart is a suncatcher made in Canada. I bot it in Oregon - this is from a company that sells a lot of glass items all over North America but it's about the last thing I expected to find while traveling in the US. It's special to me as I used to sell this brand (Kitras Art Glass) in my store and have many of their various creations but they stopped making pure red glass items years ago and I had only bot a Christmas suncatcher in red while they were still making them.

{{gwi:1423317}}

This cute little teapot has a chipped spout so was FREE! I'm not sure what I'll do with it but it looks like a 'craft-in-waiting' - any ideas what to do with a chipped teapot?

{{gwi:1423318}}

When we were on the Oregon coast I had hoped to find a real glass fishing float (to add to my collection) or one of the handblown glass ones by local artists that they 'seed' on the beach. No such luck tho in spite of a lot of beachcombing and, while the ones by local artists are gorgeous, I have so many handblown balls already I decided to go cheap and only get a few little ones. The plain ones here are made in China but the multi blue/green one is made in Oregon. I plan to use them outdoors in my glass totem birdbath on the patio.

{{gwi:1423319}}

This Depression glass divided plate was a yard sale find here at home on Saturday and cost $2. It's the same color and pattern as a smaller plate I have from my Grandmother. It has a chip on the rim which is why it was so cheap.

{{gwi:1423320}}

Set of "Rose G@rden" ironstone made in England. Few of these are suitable to serve food on as they are scratched, chipped, and crazed but I think they'd be great for mosaics. Might hang one on the wall. The saucers are in mint condition so I might use those under dessert dishes. Cost $3 at a charity sale.

{{gwi:1423321}}

Set of brown transferware. Many of these are chipped, crazed, or scratched so there are only a few I could use for display and none I'd serve food on. Again great for mosaics altho there is one plate that will go on my wall! Cost $2.

{{gwi:1423322}}

Set of ironstone made in England, Madeleine pattern. Coffee pot has a chipped spout and no lid so might be good as a vase. The plates are not in perfect condition as have been used and are scratched but still great for tablescapes. The serving pieces are in better condition and will work with other dishes I have. Cost $8. Please excuse the background 'mess' in the pics but until I reorganize my cabinets to make space for this stuff it's staying on the table!

{{gwi:1423323}}

Christmas cachepot - $1. Perfect condition.

{{gwi:1423324}}

Blue and pink cachepot - $3. Perfect condition after I washed it!

{{gwi:1423325}}

I also bought some silver but will do another thread for that.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions