SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

shopping trip to antique mall

Purplemoon
14 years ago

I've been wanting to go browse my favorite antique mall for the last couple of weeks, and today I finally decided my legs would just have to put up with 2 hrs of walking. I found some goodies, so the pain is worth it. LOL. (I think half the stuff in the antique mall is not really antique, or even vintage. But that's ok too)

I got three glass candleholders. The pair have mercury glass bases! The tall one has a hinged top that opens to fill the inside with stuff. Obviously small stuff, but will be fun to decorate with.The silver top holds a taper candle. This was actually one of three, the other two were taller. But I couldn't justify buying all three AND the mercury glass pair which I really liked a lot. I don't know where I'll even use these, LOL.

{{gwi:1422483}}

Then I found bunnies. Every time I took a bunny up to the counter to hold, they told me mine

were multiplying up there. ;o) Isn't this BIG one wonderful !! He was $18 and I am thrilled with him.

The tiny laying bunny is a creamer, and the pair are S&P shakers. The blue compote I couldn't seem to resist, think it will be cute with a bird nest, bird, eggs in it. They actually had 4 of these. Light green, yellow, light pink, and this blue. I couldn't afford to get all of them, but sure would have liked to.

(excuse the glare on the compote from my flash...tho it does look like a crescent moon. LOL)

{{gwi:1422484}}

And if you remember my Easter decor and this Bunny Pitcher I put faux lilacs in...well I also

had a pink bunny pitcher I put roses in. But I'd let my daughter borrow it for her Easter decorating

and had forgotten to take a picture. So here it is too. (See Kathleen, I do like PINK now. LOL)

Jeanne, I saw only one children's pottery planter like you collect. It was the boy and girl you have in several colors. This one was the creamy white and $20. Lot cheaper than on eBay.

And Jim, if you're listening in here....I saw a pair of the BIGGEST Staffordshire Spaniels I've EVER seen!!

They would have been stunning on a hearth. Wish I'd had my camera with me. They were black and white,

sitting, around 31 inches high and at least two feet wide or more at the bottom! WOW. Price tag was $795, so I didn't get them for you. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America
More Discussions