SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my two special finds at antique mall

Purplemoon
13 years ago

A few months ago, one of you gals showed a pair of pink transferware teacups n saucers with HORSES on them. Found at a yardsale I think for $4. ?? I fell in love, LOL. They were Adams English Scenic. So I went to eBay and started my search. I nearly fell off my chair at seeing the price of these beautiful, old and discontinued pieces. The English Scenic series comes with horses or with cows. And in several colors as well. I just

wanted ONE plate actually, to go with my horse transferware plate collection. But I'd have bought

any piece if not for the prices with shipping. The main dinnerware pieces like tureens, and coffee and teapots are hard to find. Plus the teapots on eBay sell for up to $185. Holy Crap! I love teapots but not THAT much. LOL.

Well I about dropped my jaw when I saw one in the antique mall..... for $30. I practically danced all the way to the counter with it. LOL.

Then I really went totally NUTS. Most of you know I have extensive collections (horses, dogs, rabbits) and have 11 china cabinets and curios of various sizes. Tho only two are actually BIG ones, both antiques.

Well my bunnies were kind of scattered in several of the small curios, and crowded, and the larger bunnies

had to be elsewhere on shelves. So at the antique mall, when I spied this china cabinet that was exactly what I wanted and needed...and the perfect color for me....I wanted it sooooo badly!! I was almost afraid to

look at the price tho. My friend who was with me knows stuff that I'm clueless about, and he recognized who made this piece and tho not true antique, its value was around $1200. I bravely picked up the tag and read $335. The antique mall has a person who will do deliveries for $50, thank goodness, or I'd have had no way to get it. I LOVE this piece! Its in my study and holds all my rabbit collection except the lifesize ones around the house, and all the little Charming Tail bunnies are now in a small curio I had. Before I had NO place to display them... or my little collection of bird pairs.

Oh, FIVE minutes after the china cabinet was put in my study, my orange cat...Jazz aka Trouble...had leaped from my desk on to the TOP of it. I couldn't believe him! Not only a long leap, UP, but the top of cabinet was only about 6" from the lowered ceiling there. I could have brained Jazz for thinking that was his new nap spot. So I found a big rose garland I'd stored, and put it up there to keep him OFF. It worked, whew. I don't want kitty claws scratching that china cabinet on the way or down!

Blasted cat. LOL.

This bit of "retail therapy" did wonders for me last week. I've been having a bit of problem dealing with

things (thank you Fibromyalgia. Arrgghh). I decided if I was going to hurt that bad in my legs and back,

I might as well browse the antique mall and earn the pain. LOL. I had a wonderful day just looking at

all the stuff with my friend. Tho nearly 3 hrs on my feet. But worth every minute!! ;o)

(wish you were with me again, Luvs, we had too much fun the day you were, and need that again. Time to visit AZ)

hugs, Karen

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions