SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wintertime_gw

I would appreciate your wisdom on layout for master bath!

wintertime
15 years ago

Hello. I am reaching the contractor stages of my reno and am having a really hard time finalizing the layout of my master bath.

I have decided to keep the toilet in the same spot for cost benefit and am flexible with everything else. I might be open to moving the toilet if there were a much better place for it, but so far I haven't seen one. I have also decided to remove the giant soaker and have a 2 person shower and double sinks. The bathroom is 11x6"11". There is one window on the side where the tub is now. It is about 36" wide. The entrance is a pocket door into the master bed.

My problem is this: do I put the shower where the current vanity/shower is or where the current tub is? If the former do I do one long vanity under the window OR two vanities on opposing walls? The bathroom is 6'11" wide, can it accomodate this? I thought the sinks could be at opposite ends of the vanities to avoid bumping backs when using the sinks. Finally, if I put the shower where the tub is, can I adequately deal with the window? Will a long vanity look strange with the toiled behind one side? If I put the shower where the current vanity is, is the entrance to the bath too small?

Here are some sketches to show the current layout and some proposed ideas. It doesn't show the idea of putting the shower where the tub is but that's easy enough to visualise.

The only thing off in my drawings is that the pocket door is 2.5 ft wide and 3 ft over from the toilet.

Thanks so much!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012