SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Estimating Building Costs

homeagain
16 years ago

We know that we will build in the future, we just don't know when exactly. I realize that the quality of our finishes will greatly influence total price and know that price per sq ft isn't always accurate. We finished our basement in our current home ourselves for less than $15 a sq ft and have travertine, granite, cherry and other high quality finishes, which we were able to afford because we didn't have to pay for labor.

For all of those who have done it before, either yourself or with a builder and have access to what things costs, can you give a general idea of costs for the following? I know these things can vary widely based on design or style but I am just wanting to do a very general guesstimate of the finishing costs.

Windows (Marvin or Anderson) Vinyl outside,paint grade wood inside, 32"x72"

Solid 6 panel interior doors - paint grade

Exterior french doors - paint grade

Standing seam metal roof 24 gauge (brown color to mimic copper) - per square

Hardi Plank horizontal siding installed-unpainted per sq ft

factory painted per sq ft

Eldorado Stone - per sq ft installed

Is there anyplace that you have come across online where you can actually find the cost of the higher end appliances like sub-z, wolfe, miele without having to request a price quote?

Hardwood floors installed per sq ft

random width oak

random width cherry

random width walnut

I plan to use the price guide from cabinetry direct to estimate cabinets. I guess trim (crown, casings,baseboard) would be another big expense.

Plumbing and lighting fixtures are easy to do online and get an exact cost if you know what you want.Its all of these other things that I am stuck on!

Thanks for your time.

bren

Comments (5)